GETTYSBURG, PA (January 27, 2021) – Three new faces and seven returning community members were recently elected and re-elected to three Boards of Directors serving Adams Economic Alliance’s three community-based boards: Adams County Economic Development Corporation (ACEDC), Adams County Industrial Development Authority (ACIDA) and Adams County General Authority (ACGA).
Adams Economic Alliance’s mission is to develop and implement creative community-based strategies to enhance economic opportunity and foster a dynamic framework for balanced growth and development through these three organizations.
“Economic development is a concept many people have a hard time understanding, but when you associate these incredibly talented, knowledgeable community members as the friendly faces of economic development, it becomes easier to understand that the Alliance is all about community—especially the economic health and vitality of our Adams County community,” said Robin Fitzpatrick, Alliance President.
The three new board members are:
- Chad Collie, owner of Allied Plaster & Construction for 16 years, who recently founded Converge Enterprises to focus on home building, and is a board member for the New Oxford Area Chamber of Commerce and New Oxford Industrial Corporation; elected to the ACEDC Board.
- Lori Stewart, owner of ThreeBigDogs Inc, parent company of DCI Management, DCI Fulfillment Solutions and Big Dog Installations; elected to the ACGA Board.
- Mike Showers, owner of Keystone Fur Dressing and Showers Fruit Farm; elected to the ACIDA Board.
Re-elected to second 3-year terms on the ACEDC board are:
- Michael Cogliano, President, WellSpan Gettysburg Hospital
- Robert Gordon, Supervisor, Hamiltonban Township
- Ronald Hankey, Vice Chairman, Adams Co. Industrial Development Auth.
- Pete Martin, Community Development Manager, Amblebrook Gettysburg
- Wayne Steinour, Senior Vice President/Agribusiness Lending Manager, ACNB Bank
“The strength of ACEDC Board is the result of members with years of experience in industries which are key to accomplishing the mission of the organization. This experience includes banking and finance, community development, agribusiness, constructions and healthcare,” said Michael Cogliano, ACEDC Board Chair and President of WellSpan Health Gettysburg Hospital.
Since 1996, the Alliance has provided 149 loans to Adams County businesses, facilitating more than $31 million in total public investment and leveraging a total private investment of more than $81 million, among additional accomplishments.
On the ACIDA Board, the following members were re-elected to 5-year terms:
- James (Jim) Williams, owner, CE Williams Sons, Inc.
- Kenneth Farabaugh, retired insurance professional
A total of 35 community members volunteer their time to the three organizations’ boards.
For more information on the Alliance, see adamsalliance.org, or follow the Alliance on Twitter (@AdamsAlliance), Facebook (Facebook.com/AdamsAlliance) and LinkedIn (Adams Economic Alliance).
MEDIA CONTACT: KAREN HENDRICKS / HENDRICKS COMMUNICATIONS / 717-253-3553