GETTYSBURG, PA (June 10, 2020) –Adams Economic Alliance announced that a total of 15 Adams County businesses received a combined total of $1,186,950 of the state’s COVID-19 Working Capital Access (CWCA) Program administered by the Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority (PIDA) and the Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED).
Critical working capital financing was made available to Pennsylvania’s small businesses adversely impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. The state approved 747 applications of the 900 received for a combined statewide total of $60,890,640 in loans.
“I want the public to know my fellow economic development and government-related counterparts have never worked harder to apply for relief funding like they have—and continue to do—during this COVID-19 crisis,” said Robin Fitzpatrick, Alliance President.
“Here in Adams County, the Alliance submitted a total of 18 applications on behalf of Adams County businesses. We fielded calls and spoke with more than 150 people interested in obtaining funds for their businesses, and we truly tried to find a solution or make a recommendation for everyone,” Fitzpatrick noted.
The Alliance served as the bridge between Adams County businesses and the state’s emergency loan program, developed under PIDA’s Small Business First Fund. On March 25, Governor Wolf announced that the Commonwealth Financing Authority authorized the transfer of $40 million to the Small Business First Fund for the emergency loan program.
“Our state economic development officials at DCED did an exceptional job ensuring that every single application had a fair shot. They absolutely tried their best to put the money on the street, to fund each and every one,” said Kaycee Kemper, Alliance Vice President. “We are thrilled to bring a significant portion of the funding into Adams County’s businesses and economy.”
Adams County businesses receiving CWCA state loans include:
- Central Penn Distilling, Inc., DBA Mason Dixon Distillery, Gettysburg
- Dutterer’s Family Restaurant, Littlestown
- Garden Spot Gifts, Inc., DBA Americana Souvenirs, Gettysburg
- Gettysburg Heritage Enterprises, Inc., Gettysburg
- Hickory Bridge Farm, Inc., Orrtanna
- Impeccable Bakes Gettysburg, Inc., DBA Auntie Anne’s Pretzels, Gettysburg
- Kyle Miller Concrete Construction, Fairfield
- Laboratory, Analytical and Biological Services, Inc., New Oxford
- Micro Partners, LLC, DBA Country Inn & Suites, Gettysburg
- Monet Partners, LLC, DBA Holiday Inn Express, Gettysburg
- New Era Transportation, Inc., Abbottstown
- Ozenbaugh, LLC, DBA General Pickett’s Buffet, Gettysburg
- Raga Partners, LLC, DBA Hilton Garden Inn, Gettysburg
- Teresa Lee Ferguson, DBA Put on the Feedbag, Orrtanna
- Compton Enterprises, Inc., DBA Gettysburg Eddie’s, Gettysburg
Numerous resources including loan and grant programs remain available; they are gathered on the home page of the Alliance’s website, adamsalliance.org.
Businesses revising their plans and/or seeking Adams County market data related to industries, workforce, opportunity clusters and more, can access Adams Intel data tools also on the Alliance’s website at adamsalliance.org.
It is the mission of the Adams Economic Alliance to develop and implement creative community-based strategies to enhance economic opportunity and foster a dynamic framework for balanced growth and development through the Adams County Economic Development Corporation, Adams County Industrial Development Authority and Adams County General Authority.
MEDIA CONTACT: KAREN HENDRICKS / HENDRICKS COMMUNICATIONS / 717-253-3553